Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Car Show

Member #:3217
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I had a few of those from our local clowns back in the day.
    if I had the money I've paid out for 'exhibitions of speed', etc... I could probably buy a pretty nice trifive!
    Not bragging (it's not something to brag about)... it's just a fact I don't try to deny... I should have had a governor installed on my cars for about the first 40 yrs of my driving life... (but that would have been no fun). I've thought of writing a book about my 'various conversations' with LEO's after getting pulled over!

Registered Member

Member #:625
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaNomad View Post
    if I had the money I've paid out for 'exhibitions of speed', etc... I could probably buy a pretty nice trifive!
    Not bragging (it's not something to brag about)... it's just a fact I don't try to deny... I should have had a governor installed on my cars for about the first 40 yrs of my driving life... (but that would have been no fun). I've thought of writing a book about my 'various conversations' with LEO's after getting pulled over!
    I always enjoyed how they lied when I took them to court.

Member #:3217
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I always enjoyed how they lied when I took them to court.
    You can request a copy of their video/audio recording now..

Registered Member

Member #:4419
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave the Wave View Post
    thanx for the response. what did you do for the baffle in the valve cover?
    Don't rightly recall, been some time since installed the valve covers. Don't believe there is a baffle. May have to pull the PCV valve at some point and see how much oil film accumulation there is.

Registered Member

Member #:4421
    i ran them without a baffle, and they suck oil, blue smoke.

Registered Member

I cant wait to get my small journal 327 built it will have solid Corvette valve covers and a road draft tube with vented intake.

Registered Member

Member #:4419
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave the Wave View Post
    i ran them without a baffle, and they suck oil, blue smoke.
    Any idea how one can add a baffle to prevent that situation. Not sure the 64 block has provisions for a road draft tube.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dualfours View Post
    Any idea how one can add a baffle to prevent that situation. Not sure the 64 block has provisions for a road draft tube.
    All small journal 67 and older blocks can run a road draft tube, starting in 63 many had pcv valve nipples instead of tubes.

Registered Member

"M/E WAGNER", on your pc, explains it all. i wish i knew how to put pictures up here i`d show you mine. anyway, on the inside of the cover, m/t covers have 2 pilot holes . i drilled and tapped them, like 6 or 8/32 threaded holes. put the cover back on without a gasket, with plumbers putty on the valve cover, pulled the coil wire, turned the engine over 2 times or so, pulled the cover. i was afraid of the baffle hitting the roller rockers. anyway, measuered the thickness of the putty, used two thick washers, cut a rectangle out of a piece of sheet metal, drilled and installed with blue loctite. pm me your address and i get copies made of the pics and send them. and then, i found a "raised" pcv grommet. so the pcv is out of the cover about a half inch. i`ll get the part number for ya later today.

Registered Member

"DORMAN", or "HELP", #42303 grommet for the pcv.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12