Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: First Car Show

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Registered Member

Member #:4419

First Car Show

Finally, after several false starts have the 57 ready for it's first showing. "Almost' happened three weeks or so ago but two days before the show the radiator presented me with a leak. You would think GM would provide a better radiator with their cars, it's "only" 65 years old. Dated K-56 (Nov-56?)
    Pulled the radiator and took it to the "only" remaining radiator shop that I know of within a 50 mile radius from me. (Thanks EPA-not) While they had the radiator it was the perfect time to swap out the aluminum flex fan for a Derale 6 blade steel fan and add an ABS two piece shroud. Also changed the bolts for studs, sure makes it easier to install a fan. Ain't much room between fan and radiator, maybe 3/4'' ?

Bored and cammed '64 Chevelle 283, original '57 GM 2x4s intake, Melling "Super Street" hyd. cam, home done port and polish match heads to the Appliance headers, M-21 Muncie w/Mr. Gasket bench seat shifter, Thrush mufflers thru 2'' full length exhaust, 3:55 posi, Mr. Gasket traction bars, riding on 7'' rallies, disc brakes front, original drum rear.
    Attached Images Attached Images