Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: Tubuler front control arms

Member #:4680

Tubuler front control arms

Anyone installed any on the front of their Tri 5? I was looking at them and the prices are all over the place. For instance on Ebay SpeedDaddy has a set for like $260 and I've found them on line for as much as $600 and in the pics they look identical. So much crap out there now you don't know what to buy.

Registered Member

Member #:2425
    I installed the CPP upper and lowers with the Viking coil overs, and a CPP high clearance sway bar kit and the CPP 2" drop spindles complete with the 12" slotted rotor disc brakes. They installed very easily.
    I have a new CPP front disc brake kit for stock non drop spindles if anyone is interested as well as a new steering column for a 56 available. I have a new Helwig sway bar for the front compatible with stock upper and lower arms as well, these were part of a batch of new parts i purchased from a neighboring shop that decided to bail on their 56 wagon resto-mod.

Member #:3454
    I have a set of those from SpeedDaddy. I am not even close to installing them but they look very well made. I will probably replace the ball joints with better ones.
    Glenn Hargrove

USAF (66-70) Viet Nam Vet

Registered Member

Member #:625
    I like the stock appearing ones with additional caster built in, tubes would look out of place on my cars.

Member #:3217
    I agree Mark; I like the original look, and I still cling to 'original GM' whenever possible (but I did install the CPP 5 deg help upper A arms on my '56 (although I'm not sure they achieved the 5 deg additional caster!). I think I finally learned my lesson to just *stay away* from anything CPP.

Member #:3623
    How much caster did u get? Manual or power steering car?

Member #:3217
    EL56: IIRC with the 5-deg upper control arms, I think I was still only able to get between 1 and 2 deg caster... I'd like to have more, but with the PS, it's livable... these 5 deg upper A Arms are the LAST part from CPP that I've purchased, and hopefully the LAST part from CPP that I will ever consider purchase of.

PS. I think one is doing BEST by NOT believing anything in a CPP advertisement; they seem to have nearly zero engineering involved with design/fabrication of their parts...
    Last edited by BamaNomad; 11-06-2021 at 06:49 AM.

Registered Member

Member #:625
    I did not get 5, more like 3 or 3.5. I have a 500 ps box a wonderful upgrade from a pos 605.

Member #:3623
    Thank you guys for the responses. I will be trying to align my car tomorrow myself. Hoping to get +1 or +2 degrees caster if i'm lucky.