Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Classic Edge Designs, LLC Prime Custom Cars, LLC MadMooks
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 30 Day '55 Chevy Build?

Member #:2941
    Quote Originally Posted by chasracer View Post
    I rebuilt or overhauled my first engine on an open concrete patio space. I was also 12 years old at the time and learned that it's quite a bit better to keep things as clean as possible when putting an engine back together. I built my second one in a second story apartment spare bedroom. I think that engine build came out a lot better. If I was forced to do it on the side of a roadway I would do so - but I would also avoid it if possible. I would doubt seriously if you would return to that pole barn in the Alfalfa field anymore than I would go back to that open patio. We normally learn and grow from our experiences.

I'm not sure watching what someone does on a you tube channel distracts from this forum - but the admin can certainly close and/or remove the thread.

Points well taken, Chas! I don't think it detracts in any way, either. As long as we don't get out of hand discussing events that occur on the 'other' trifive site. But as you say, that is up to Sid and Nick. I only post here, same as yourself and the other guys.

And FWIW...... When I open up an engine, I treat it as though I were a surgeon operating on a human being when it comes to keeping everything 'hospital clean'. I'm kinda fanatical about that.

Actually, that alfalfa field and our pole barn are long gone now. It was developed into a residential subdivision sometime in the late 1970s. The home my Mom designed and my Step-Dad built in 1962 is still there, though. Surrounded by the streets and newer homes.

Happy Motoring,

Harry
    'G-d Bless The U.S.A.'...... Lee Greenwood......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_5aoptI5j0

Staff Sergeant Roy Benavidez......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3nncd4sxaM&t=466s

Registered Member

Member #:625
    If you had seen the nasty PMs this guy sends or comments he makes about cars he has never seen or people ability he don't know you might feel l different .

Just to clarify this was directed at Family4door not chasracer.

Member #:3249
    Glad you clarified that.

Well, that dog don't hunt. I'll take a wait and see attitude, then. Always try to give everybody the benefit of the doubt. But I don't put up with any BS, either.

Best regards to all,

Harry

Member #:33
    most won't like this, but it never stops. like so many threads here, this started talking about a guy working on his car and you (some , not everyone) have to you turn it into something else. its a shame this always happens here. but, i do admire Sid and will continue to support him and this site. I'm not going anywhere. so have at it and start putting me down for having my opinion. this should be fun and I'm sure i will be removing some from my Christmas card list.
    ARMY NAM VET, very proud!

56 210 4dr

drive and enjoy them while you work on them, life is to short.

Welcome home, Carl! Its good to see you posting here again. I agree that as with a great many websites, there are a couple of fellows who seem to gravitate towards the negative and get personal now and then. My best guess is that this practice is a carry over from a while back when someone who used to post here and a couple of hecklers seemed to be trading insults on a regular basis. I never did understand what that was all about unless it was some kind of personality conflict. But whatever the reason...... It distracts from the forum...... It makes potential members think twice about joining...... And it needs to stop.

I do not understand why you would think that anyone here would put you down for having or stating your opinion on things. Sid treats us as adults. We have the freedom here to say what is on our mind so long as we act as gentlemen (or ladies, as the case may be)...... Have civil discourse and treat one another with respect. That doesn't mean that we must all agree on everything. It just means that whilst we might disagree on certain things, as people are like to do...... That we should do so without being disagreeable.

Last week, I stopped by here and another member who posts at both trifive websites said something similar. And I am not sure why he felt that way, either. All I can tell either of you is that right is right and wrong is wrong. And if I see anyone giving y'all undeserved grief....... I will stand with you whether I agree with whatever point y'all are making or not.

Happy Motoring,

Harry
    Last edited by enigma57; 09-13-2021 at 05:52 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12