The gen v LT1 is circa 2017 Camaro design and uses a radiator reservoir (surge tank). The crate engine instructions indicate the engine can be configured with or without one, as long as the engine steam lines return to the radiator or reservoir above the heads. Since the factory used a reservoir, I decided to also use one. I purchased a factory reservoir and have mounted it, but not yet plumbed it. The factory reservoir is pictured below and contains 3 ports: a bottom 1" port to tee into the radiator hose path, a smaller bottom port to connect to the engine steam ports, and a top pressure overflow to connect to a hose and vent to the ground.

IMG_0715.jpeg

The reservoir is non-metallic, irregularly shaped, and has factory mounting locations. Thus, it can't be welded to, isn't easy to package under the hood, and limits the attachment points. in addition to this, the mounting locations under the Corvette hood are limited, and the inner fenders are irregularly shaped. All this made it an interesting situation.

After considering potential mounting locations, it became clear there was only one viable location: passenger side, toward the rear of the engine compartment, partially under the fender. This meant I have to relocate the engine fuse/relay box that came with the motor, given I'd already mounted it, and it would now be under the reservoir and not accessible. Such is life! I'll work that later.

Thank goodness for cardboard templates, I was able to mock up the critical geometry, match mounting points, and make the mounting bracket, as shown in the following pictures. In addition to the mounting bracket, I decided to add support doublers for both the fiberglass side and the bracket side, the bracket is 16 gauge steel (.059").

IMG_0718.jpeg

IMG_0716.jpeg

IMG_0721.jpeg

The bracket mounts to the passenger inner fender, up top.

IMG_0725.jpeg

IMG_0726.jpeg

With the bracket mounted, the reservoir is mounted.

IMG_0730.jpeg

IMG_0732.jpeg

Done with the reservoir mounting, and the plumbing will be done later. On to the next one...