Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Sue's 59 Corvette project....

Member #:1723
    Richard,
    Those are some major misalignments you have been faced with - great job on your repairs - looking great!

Bill,
    Sorry to hear your wife is back in the hospital - prayers for her recovery.
    Regards, Doug

Registered Member

Member #:3682

Update

Thanks for the comments, guys. Bill, hope your wife's hospital stay is short.

I think I'm beginning to learn working on this fiberglass stuff, lol. I still prefer steel bodies, though. Worked today to finish the dash, just needs a little filler. Now its level, and on to other things.

IMG_0585.jpeg

Took a little time out and installed the grill surround and headlight rims. These fit reasonably well, but do need some work. There are some gaps between the headlight rims and the body that need to be filled. There are also some fit problems with the grill surround. The center pieces don't fit the body squarely, and the side pieces don't fit the body contour well. After a little work, these will fit well.

IMG_0590.jpeg

The deck lid really has a factory fit problem, the passenger corner is completely above the adjacent body contour. I'm still thinking about how to fix this one...

Registered Member

Member #:625
    I would love to have this car it would be a great place to use my early Powerpach heads with 1.84 305H/O valves. .060 forged 283 pistons.etc.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I would love to have this car it would be a great place to use my early Powerpach heads with 1.84 305H/O valves. .060 forged 283 pistons.etc.
    They are still out there Mark! Although, they seem to be getting more expensive by the week...

Member #:3249
    Thanks, Richard. I don't mean to hijack your beautiful work post here, but another surgery tomorrow. Prayers are welcome.

Registered Member

Member #:625
    Quote Originally Posted by TrifiveRichard View Post
    They are still out there Mark! Although, they seem to be getting more expensive by the week...
    My expierence with fiberglass repair mas been limited to header pannels on Camaros and Cutlass. Oh yea, L88 2nd gen Caqmaro fiberglass hood repair, ever make a 1/4 mile pass win no hood pins. No where near the talent you have shown on this car.

Good luck to you and yoyur wife Bill.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    My expierence with fiberglass repair mas been limited to header pannels on Camaros and Cutlass. Oh yea, L88 2nd gen Caqmaro fiberglass hood repair, ever make a 1/4 mile pass win no hood pins. No where near the talent you have shown on this car.

Good luck to you and yoyur wife Bill.
    My experience is limited too, Mark. As I said, I think I’m getting the hang of it though. Gary started me off and I just keep going. Having said that, I’m still thinking about how to fix the deck lid without creating more problems. I may need to get Gary’s help again!

My best wishes, Bill, on the surgery and results, also.

Member #:3217
    I was well enough this afternoon to work on my tractor, change over to mulching blades, and got started on my lawn (haying mostly being the first time of the season!).. I'll see you Saturday morning. Hopefully I can help a little...

Member #:530
    That's looking great Richard. I can't wait to see it in final paint.
    1957 Nomad- LS1/T56 on C4 chassis
    1959 Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton, shortbed, big window, 327ci.

Registered Member

Thanks Paul, we’re getting there a little at a time.

Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast