Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: TRIANGULATED 4 LINK REAR FOR COIL OVER KIT

Registered Member

Member #:2425

TRIANGULATED 4 LINK REAR FOR COIL OVER KIT

Who has been used and what is recommended as far as a kit to use on my 8.8 ford rear end I have to install in my 9 passenger 57 wagon?

Member #:1653
    Many, are on the market place, few if any really fill the bill. As a dealer for AME, certainly, I will tout theirs as being the best. RideTech would be #2 on my list (proven) and to follow, nuttin honey. The rest are mere copies from wannabeeeees. The considerations for this project go well beyond the imagination and for me, unless you have the frame separated from the body (I know, RideTeck says it bolts in) the success of the install is less than desirable. Give deep consideration to fuel tank, and exhaust system issues that will be knocking on your door the moment it's installed. Skill level and workspace need to be particularly large. Tools, to include a lift are handy and it's not a weekend project to do at a bud's place.

Registered Member

Thanks for the feedback. Luckily the frame off is the next step. I have a shop with a full 2 post lift. So access will be easier.

Member #:530
    Good advice coming from Nick.
    As a former owner of a 57 9 passenger wagon, I can attest that the fuel tank is unique to that model, and if you end up ditching it, you will possibly need to do a custom fabricated tank to get it to fit. (might as well go in-tank pump for future Fuel Injection setup). Post some pics as you get going on it. Will be curious to see how it works out.
    1957 Nomad- LS1/T56 on C4 chassis
    1959 Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton, shortbed, big window, 327ci.

Registered Member

Does anyone have experience with and know if the shockwave rear shocks are an air over coil over unit or simply air?