Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Classic Edge Designs, LLC Prime Custom Cars, LLC MadMooks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Running it up the flagpole

Member #:3718

Cool Running it up the flagpole

And not expecting anyone to salute...

Before I came here (came back that is), I had joined another hot rodding forum. I answered a couple of questions, talked about a few things in one of the individual forums and the only thing that I am positive about that I made a mistake on, was referring to an answer on another forum. The admin quickly scrubbed that out but didn't contact me or say anything about it.

Then there was an old member that actually doesn't do much posting anymore, but he is one that I had a battle with probably over a year ago. I acknowledged him in a post but didn't take it any further as I did not have a reason to do so.

I was asked a couple of questions and pictures were asked for, so I wrote a lengthy post and posted a number of pictures. Got a couple of responses to it and that was that. A day or so later, my password appears to be hosed up and I try changing it but then it says there is no account for the username. So I registered again, modifying my username slightly and sent a message to the administrator about the issue. Later that day, I check to see if I have gotten a response and the new username will not work. I pull up the admin's email and send an email explaining the situation but after repeated delivery attempts my mail hosting indicates that the email has been refused. I then take a look at the forum without being logged in and realize that every post that I had made there is now gone.

I'm not expecting any answers here and I am only writing this just to get it off my chest. I wouldn't want to be on that forum now but I am surprised that the administrator didn't have enough backbone to tell me why I was removed.
    Last edited by chasracer; 09-18-2021 at 04:34 PM.
    Remember the "13"

Member #:3249
    an explanation would have been nice, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by busterwivell View Post
    an explanation would have been nice, huh?
    For sure - if I did something wrong then say so and maybe we can work it out - or maybe not.

Registered Member

Member #:571
    Weren't you the one that was banned because of some covid anti-vax stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick_L View Post
    Weren't you the one that was banned because of some covid anti-vax stuff?
    No, I never posted anything on that forum except car information.

I was temporarily banned from the other 55-57 forum for defending another member when the moderators decided that only their own opinions on subjects were the correct ones.
    Remember the "13"

Member #:4739
    That's just one more example of how certain people having a self-image of power tend to do things these days, by behaving in the arbitrary manner of which they wouldn't dare do face to face

Member #:2941
    Welcome home, Chas. You are in the right place. No PC nor 'cancel culture' nonsense here.

No over-moderation nor selective enforcement of draconian posting rules here, either.

Sid treats us as adults and we like it that way. Pull up a chair, pour yourself a cup of Joe and make yourself at home.

Best regards,

Harry
    'G-d Bless The U.S.A.'...... Lee Greenwood......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_5aoptI5j0

Staff Sergeant Roy Benavidez......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3nncd4sxaM&t=466s

Quote Originally Posted by Al_Dente View Post
    That's just one more example of how certain people having a self-image of power tend to do things these days, by behaving in the arbitrary manner of which they wouldn't dare do face to face
    Excellent point made~!
    Remember the "13"

Quote Originally Posted by enigma57 View Post
    Welcome home, Chas. You are in the right place. No PC nor 'cancel culture' nonsense here.

No over-moderation nor selective enforcement of draconian posting rules here, either.

Sid treats us as adults and we like it that way. Pull up a chair, pour yourself a cup of Joe and make yourself at home.

Best regards,

Harry
    Thanks.

It's nice not having to worry too much about such things, but again I enjoy seeing what other people are doing with their rides and if I can answer a question to help out that's a plus for me!

Quote Originally Posted by chasracer View Post
    No, I never posted anything on that forum except car information.

I was temporarily banned from the other 55-57 forum for defending another member when the moderators decided that only their own opinions on subjects were the correct ones.

** Just want to issue a correction - it appears that my original temporary ban has now been adjusted to a permanent one. **

I was on that site for 15 years. Just goes to show what a bunch of liberal, woke moderators can do to a decent place.

Case closed and done.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast