Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Western Invasion

Member #:3249
    We're leaving home Wednesday. See you Thursday!
    Bill

Member #:530
    Two Feathers- What are you driving in? Will keep my eyes peeled for you if I knew what car to look for.
    Paul
    1957 Nomad- LS1/T56 on C4 chassis
    1959 Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton, shortbed, big window, 327ci.

Member #:530
    Well Bill, I looked all over for ya but didn't see your car. If you were there, and you were looking for my Nomad, you wouldn't have seen it because 5 minutes from the house, it developed a squeel that progressively got worse, leaked fuel out the back when I topped it off at the gas station, and threw a check engine light. None of this unfixable, but didn't want to make the 100+ mile trip in it. So drove it home and parked it, and jumped in the other car and came up for the weekend.

300+ cars in attendance. Drag racing for 2 solid days. Lots of show cars and the nicest people on the planet to just hang with all variations of tri5 Chevys for the weekend. Danchuk and the TriFiveAssoc. definately are to be thanked for pulling this inagural event off, given the disruption in everyones lives going on right now. They have some marketing and promotion to do for growing next years event...but that's how the east coast event started out too.
    So I'll give it another try next year.
    1957 Nomad- LS1/T56 on C4 chassis
    1959 Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton, shortbed, big window, 327ci.

Member #:3217
    Paul,

So sorry that you experienced car trouble and had to leave the Nomad at home... (That happened to me and my '56 Nomad when I was enroute to the first TriFive Nationals event in 2015 - I had to get the car home, and hop into my truck to make the show!)..

Sounds like you had a great time anyway, and the show was a success!

Registered Member

Member #:625
    Really wish we would have something like that within a reasonable driving distance. I remember going to a CCI show in Omaha in the 90s when I was building my 56. I drove my 85 Cutlass and ended up buying the first of two 220v wire feed welders that I have bought from same vendor.

Member #:3249
    Well, I was there. Parked at the end of a row facing the garages both days. I'll recheck in the morning, but I think the answer is 1430 miles trouble free. Got home today (Monday) about noon. The highlight for me was running down the strip. First time since 1965, when I was 19.

Member #:3217
    Did any of you fellas who attended take any photos??

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123