Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Classic Edge Designs, LLC Prime Custom Cars, LLC MadMooks

Thread: BAD ACCIDENT!

Registered Member

Member #:4421

BAD ACCIDENT!

going straight thru an intersection, 35 mph, woman coming at me, makes a left. i am 3/4 thru the intersection. left fender, into door, door into 1/4 panel. fender, all chrome up front, fender and door stainless, inner fender, radiator support, blah, blah, blah! r/door, out of align, lock does`nt work. i`m fine, wife hit head on dash, naturally the dash won. concussion, bruised nose. windshield stayed, not cracked, so iguess the roof did`nt buckle. underneith, left frame horn, facing the ground at a 45 degree angle, upper a-frame against the frame. this is`nt good. seems like the z-bar is at a funky angle. i did`nt crawl under it, left for vacation. we have state farm, so far they are falling all over me.

Member #:3217
    Man! Such bad luck on your car, but hopefully the wife is not hurt badly and *maybe* insurance will take care of your damage? I haven't been impressed with State Farm insurance on an older car; I dropped them when my older car was totaled (according to them) and they only offered me about half what it was worth. That's when I learned about 'AGREED VALUE' auto insurance (which State Farm doesn't offer) for classic cars.

If State Farm is your insurer, versus the other driver's insurer, I wouldn't have high hopes, BUT if SF is the insurer for the other (at fault) driver, maybe you'll come out OK... especially is you do NOT tell them that your wife is OK (and DO NOT clear them of the medical costs early, which they will TRY to get you to do)... Tell them to take care of your car repairs FIRST, while your wife goes thru recovery and rehab...)...

Member #:3718
    Wow - sorry to hear about your crash.

Hope everyone is going to be okay - health is major important. The car sounds like it is repairable but I know it makes you sick thinking about it.

Best of luck with everything!

Member #:3
    Wow ,

Not Good , Like my Dad said many years ago , Cars can be fixed and cars can be replaced , All he was ever worried about was me and who ever was in the car with me .

Hope your wife & you are going to be OK .

I have very good luck like State Farm , All State on the other hand been Bad to us

Thanks Sid

1955 2 DR Post
    1937 Chevy Coupe
    2019 Ford Suoer Duty F350
    2018 Ford Explorer
    1955 Chevy Nomad
    1935 Ford 2dr Slant back

Member #:33
    sad, hope you and wife ok.
    ARMY NAM VET, very proud!

56 210 4dr

drive and enjoy them while you work on them, life is to short.

Member #:2941
    Sad to learn of the wreck and your wife's injuries, Dave. Hope you and your wife will be well and all the best with repairing your car.

Best regards,

Harry
    'G-d Bless The U.S.A.'...... Lee Greenwood......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_5aoptI5j0

Staff Sergeant Roy Benavidez......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3nncd4sxaM&t=466s

Registered Member

ok thanx you guys. walked away for a week, vacation was scheduled. digging in on monday. so far, state farm is falling all over me.

Member #:4391
    I have State Farm insurance and I've insured all my collector cars with them for years. They do offer agreed upon value insurance for antique and classic vehicles. I have it for our '56. The agreed upon value is written right in our policy. For our '56 it's $52,500. The cost is $124.99 every 6 months. I doubt that they would offer agreed upon insurance, if you plan to use your classic car as a "daily driver".

Registered Member

so, my buddy stops by, into these like no tomorrow. gap in r/rear bumper, gap in trunk lid, engine mount bent, very slight kink in roof, trans mount gap, a frame bushing gap, vents can`t open and close. i`ll be in touch.

Member #:2941
    That indicates a lot of collision damage, Dave. Wish your wife a full and speedy recovery and all the best to you both in either repairing or replacing your beautiful classic.

Best regards,

Harry
    'G-d Bless The U.S.A.'...... Lee Greenwood......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_5aoptI5j0

Staff Sergeant Roy Benavidez......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3nncd4sxaM&t=466s