Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: INSURANCE, with MY accident

Registered Member

Member #:4421

INSURANCE, with MY accident

new thread here, about my accident. the other co., erie, called, believe it or not, admitted guilt, paying everything, including my deductable.,,,, $500. state farm came today, my co., actually fell all over me. i had to bring things to his attention, granted, they don`t do many classics. however, he actually thanked me numerous times, for whatever he misses would be brought up in the shop when it`s being repaired. but anyway, he said it will probably be totaled. i fuckin hate that, for i am a true car guy. this means another one gone forever.with the gap in the rear bumper, the trans mount at an angle, motor mount cocked, z bar angled, r/door popped, vents don`t work, when should i stop? i have it off the ground, by the frame. i pulled the REAL SSM "LIFT BARS" off, for these WILL NOT go down the road if the car is totalled. so, when i unbolted the last "U" holding the rear to the springs, LOAD POP, the entire housing shifted. now, resting, the right side has a 1/2 inch gap between the housing and the spring. this should be resting flat. so, anyway, just unloading here,,,,,, thanx for listening.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,MAYBE on a liter note, going to daytona for the turkey run, if it`s totalled, maybe i`ll find something?

Member #:4739
    "Totalled" often means that the repair will be more costly than the market value of the vehicle in question. I've once bought such a vehicle from the shop of which I used to work at and then made it my daily driver. It was only more work
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave the Wave View Post
    ...this means another one gone forever...
    It depends. You could always put it into storage, until the time is right for doing what has to be done

Member #:2941
    Sad to hear that, Dave. When you described the damage in an earlier post, I was pretty sure you would find a badly damaged frame. I've encountered that dilemma a couple of times over the years.

If are considering another similar build and you believe your drivetrain and / or sufficent body parts and trim pieces are worth saving...... Oft times, you can work a deal with the insurance company to 'buy back' your wrecked car for a couple hundred bucks, following receipt of the insurance settlement.

Hope your wife is feeling better.

Best regards,

Harry
    'G-d Bless The U.S.A.'...... Lee Greenwood......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_5aoptI5j0

Staff Sergeant Roy Benavidez......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3nncd4sxaM&t=466s

Member #:3292
    My bud wrecked his 33 Ford roadster.
    It was insured for $130K. The estimate, written by the adjuster, put the cost to repair at $42K.
    They totalled it, paid him the $130K, and my bud bought it back for $50K.
    He's fixing it himself.
    Dave, if nothing else, maybe make a really low ball offer to buy it back, and use the good stuff?
    My take on your car is, it's junk, being the misalignment of all the body/engine/frame/ etc.
    Injector inspector
    Walmart hottie stalker.
    USAF 60-64.
    The guys that brought you the Cuban missile crisis in living color!

Member #:3217
    It will be interesting what value the Insurance co assigns to Dave's car... When a company *totals* an old car, they generally USE book value for the 'average' car of that age.. (which is where I got screwed previously and switched to another company on 'agreed value' coverage).. Hopefully Dave has agreed value coverage...

And I agree, the good parts in the car are likely more valuable to Dave than to anyone else, so buying the wreck back (at a low value) is generally a good deal to help recuperate some of the lost funds from the wreck.

Dave: Fill us in on what they offer you and what you consider the $value to be when you get the numbers...

Registered Member

we have,,,,,, getting ahead of myself. first of all, you guys. a big shout out, a concern for my loss. i am hugging 10 pounds of weight loss here. did you ever see your wife loaded in an ambulance? i hope you never do!,,,,,,,,,,,,ok, we have an agreed value with state farm. agent came to my house 2 years ago, took pictures. $40,000. just heard from themtoday, ,,,,,,,,,,,,, are you ready?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,$32,300 to repair. that was from the adjuster, waiting for the claims dept. next week.

Member #:3217
    IF you have agreed value, and they *TOTAL* the car, they should cut you a check for $40,000, no questions asked... and THEN you can ask what they will sell you the totaled wreck for... (if you want any of the parts)...

Member #:4739
    Over here, they pay you out and leave you with the disposal. In other words, they let you keep the car, if you want

Registered Member

i just played the message he left me. the $32,300 is not including any suspension or engine work.

Registered Member

Member #:625
    This thread makes me think the spare 56 2ht in original paint with ratty original seats and less than average rust that I own is good insurance to have.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast