Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Brake master and caliper id

Registered Member

Member #:625
    This appears to be an aftermarket booster Rockauto has excellent pictures of OEM Chevelle Boosters for reference.

Registered Member

Member #:4858
    I got the new caliper on and everything bled. The brakes work but are not really powerful. I disconnected the vacuum like from the booster and the booster is working. It is a 7" booster. A dual booster would give how much of a power increase? I have even thought about an 8" dual booster. The possibility of putting disk on the rear is an option. The rear is a 10 bolt chevy. I have seen some of the disk kits. 2 Questions. Will the disks on the rear help with stopping power? next is what percent of power increase could I expect from the 7" dual and 8" dual master cylinders. When I hit the pedal now it doesn't even lock up the tires on pavement.

Registered Member

Member #:571
    A 7" single diaphragm booster is pretty weak, almost no boost. A double diaphragm 7" would be only a slight improvement. An 8" double diaphragm booster is what you need.

Rear disc will be only marginal help if any. Almost all your stopping power is in the front brakes.

Registered Member

Member #:4858
    I will look at what I will do. I am sure the 8" dual booster is in order. Depending on what I decide on the rear disk I will see. Inside the drums things did not look quite right. Thanks so much for the help. You guys are great.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123