I have worked on rebuilding my 57 for a number of years and have a few items that I figured to farm out as I reach the end.

First, I wanted to get the frontend aligned, so started calling around - nope, we don't work on cars that old, I was told repeatedly. When I asked if they had any suggestions on where I might get the work done - nope, but you might try a Mom & Pop place. I finally found a shop that had one guy who could work on it.

Next, I wanted to find a shop to get the AC system pressure checked and charged, to get the differential pinion seal replaced, to get the TH350 kickdown linkage seal on the top of the case replaced, and to see if they could tweak the tuning any better than what I have done. I called and called - nope, we don't work on cars that old. Finally found a one-man shop that would work on it.

I had no idea how much things have changed, but should have. When I have needed some machine work done, I have found CNC files required and x-pieces needed for them to talk to me. Hard to find a machinist with the old school tools to do the one-off jobs. There are a few still around, but not so easy to find.