Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: New Member from CA

Registered Member

Member #:4872

New Member from CA

Hello all. My name is Don and I have just started a 1955 GMC truck project. There is lots of work to do. The truck has a 2nd gen Carmaro sub-frame, 2004 chevy 5.3 ls engine, t400 transmission, and 80's Carmaro rear end. All was installed by previous owner. I'll be asking lots of questions and looking for advice on how to make major these components work together. Happy to be here!
    Don

Member #:3217
    Good to have you here Don.... show us some photos of your GMC? I got the feeling that the prior owner installed the major driveline components, but didn't finish up the installs or the truck? Right or wrong? Photos will tell us a lot, and if you have specific questions, ask them here! Good luck on your Gemmie..
    Gary
    Last edited by BamaNomad; 03-15-2022 at 02:49 PM.

Registered Member

Member #:4872
    You are correct, engine, trans and rear end in. no drive shaft yet. Need to decide on exhaust, shifter, master brake location, wiring, and body work. I's quite a project and I will need lots of advice and suggestions. Thanks for you note.
    Don

Member #:3249
    Sounds like an interesting project Don. I look forward to watching your build. Where in California are you? I'll be at the Good Guys show in Del Mar on the 1st and 2nd of April. Maybe we could hook up there?
    Bill