Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1957 two tone combination needs a " D " in the cowl trim tag

Banned

Member #:2775
    It was also about 2-tone paint though. Too bad more discussions don't evolve from any given subject IMO.
    Last edited by 55 Rescue Dog; 04-08-2022 at 05:17 PM.

Registered Member

Member #:1806
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaNomad View Post
    In fact, I think all Nomad dashes were painted the color of the lower body... Does anyone know of an exception to that rule?
    My 57 nomad was originally white over yellow with a black dash, silver steering.

Member #:3217
    Quote Originally Posted by LEE T View Post
    My 57 nomad was originally white over yellow with a black dash, silver steering.
    You're right Lee... that combo is one that I've seen, although not sure that the one I'm thinking of was originally in that combo...?

Member #:3217
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaNomad View Post
    Domenic,

My turq/ivory 57 Nomad has 811D for it's paint code...

If you DO decide to modify your Nomad's birth certificate, then make sure you maintain the CL body number from your original cowl tag. You didn't ask about the interior code but a turq/ivory interior is 694. This month's Nomad Post magazine has a reprint of an old Nomad News article listing all the Nomad codes for all three years. You do know you can change to another original color (which you're doing) without removing the manufacturer's body plate?? I know of no judging organization which judges the paint/interior codes currently!

PS. I think I recall that you painted your car's dash black? All turquoise/ivory 57 Nomads I've seen over the years (hundreds) had the dash turquoise. In fact, I think all Nomad dashes were painted the color of the lower body... Does anyone know of an exception to that rule?
    Dominic,

I was going thru the 1957 Engineering Features book (which you can access in digital form here)
    https://www.gmheritagecenter.com/doc...tures-1957.pdf

But I found 'confirming' information on something I'd told you in the past.. That ALL 1957 Nomads in Trop Turqoise/ Ivory would get a turquoise painted instrument cluster and dash. That document specifies every painted item and all interior items as to color/etc for each car model. All '57 Nomads in turquoise got a turquoise dash and cluster.

PS. Surprisingly it was different for 150 and 210 models: as turquoise painted cars in those models DID get a black dash and silver instrument cluster! (but of course all Nomads were BelAirs (model 2429).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12