Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: 55 Chevy 2 door post getting ready for the road

  1. #21
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Member #:625
    Posts
    3,365
    Dumb me, I thought the local guy who painted trannies smurf blue was out there.

  2. #22
    Registered Member BamaNomad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016

    Member #:3217
    Location
    Rocket City, USA (Huntsville, AL area)
    Posts
    3,573
    Just a quick question for Markm...

    Did you see his transmission as being 'smurf blue' ???

    If so, have you seen your eye doctor recently? Do they give color tests at your doctor's office?

    Gary

  3. #23
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Member #:625
    Posts
    3,365
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaNomad View Post
    Just a quick question for Markm...

    Did you see his transmission as being 'smurf blue' ???

    If so, have you seen your eye doctor recently? Do they give color tests at your doctor's office?

    Gary
    You missed my point that bright green is out there with Tim's Smurf Blue trannies.

  4. #24
    Registered Member BamaNomad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016

    Member #:3217
    Location
    Rocket City, USA (Huntsville, AL area)
    Posts
    3,573
    LOL I had that thought after... those colors ARE eye catching! Not that I'd want my underneath parts painted like that!

  5. #25
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Member #:625
    Posts
    3,365
    Probabally a dumb question but what is the purpose of the flat center caps on the rear, there is a local with a Bubbletop that has them too.

  6. #26
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2021

    Member #:4705
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Probabally a dumb question but what is the purpose of the flat center caps on the rear, there is a local with a Bubbletop that has them too.
    THey did this in the 60's, so I did too, bought them on eBay

  7. #27
    Registered Member busterwivell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016

    Member #:3249
    Location
    Sahuarita (Tucson), AZ
    Posts
    684
    It just covers up the dust caps (front) or the axle ends in the rear. Didn't they originally come with a cap on them?

  8. #28
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Member #:625
    Posts
    3,365
    Quote Originally Posted by BarnFind55 View Post
    THey did this in the 60's, so I did too, bought them on eBay
    I was thinking maybe it had to do with drag or something.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •