Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: 1957 Chevrolet Cowl tag " Nomad "

Registered Member

Member #:3799

1957 Chevrolet Cowl tag " Nomad "

I just saw a breakdown list of the 1957 Chevrolet option ID breakdown and it looks like they had 4 different codes for the tinted glass . (1) E- Tinted Glass (2) EZ- Tinted Glass (3) EZI -Tinted Glass (4) EZW - Tinted Windshield . Since all Nomads were built in Clevland in 1957 I'm hoping they all used the EZI for the Tinted Glass designation . I can see how this Must drive the judges crazy . Bama , can you help again .

Member #:3217
    My early '57 Nomad with original tinted glass has 'EZI'...

Registered Member

Member #:3799
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaNomad View Post
    My early '57 Nomad with original tinted glass has 'EZI'...
    Bama , thanks again . Is this the Matador Red Nomad you had just gotten ?

It's the original sierra gold/adobe beige Nomad that I bought in 2017 (that is now painted Victory Red) that was final assembled in Los Angeles. I have the original EZI glass from it, although I've installed all new Tinted (green) glass...

My turquoise '57 Nomad was built originally with clear glass (and delivered to Atlanta assembly).

Registered Member

Member #:625
    My 56 is sierra gold/adobe beige now, about 30 years ago a buddy of mine and I were drinking beer in his shop when he asked me what color the 56 was new. I had to think a bit and replied it was a combo of shit green and shittier green. To this day when we see a green car he ask me what shade of green is that?

Mark, the closest original '56 color to 'your description' was crocus yellow and laurel green... which there were a number of very descriptive labels for once those paints became old and faded... ie. babysh!t yellow and chicken sh!t green was one I recall.... .... But that was after they'd become faded and uncared for. When new and/or cared for, those colors can be very attractive..

I still recall a '56 Nomad that showed up one year at the Nomad Convention that had just been restored in those colors, and it was beautiful...

Registered Member

Actually it was a tolerable dark green with a really crappy light green.

Ahhh.... Sherwood Green (the dark green) and Pinecrest green (the light green).. That combo is the original combo for my '56 Nomad (and I'm not a huge fan of it either), although mine was already repainted to a dark green (darker than sherwood) and ivory when I bought it, and I redid the interior with an original pattern but replaced the light green vinyl with dark green! I like my current combo better than the original two tone green...

Registered Member

My first attempt at building my 56 in my mid teens was a slightly darker green and ivory. You are correct it is much better that way.