Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tell us about your project(s)...

Member #:530
    I have done absolutely NOTHING more with my Nomad build. I drive it locally but still need to continue on with the interior buildout in preparation for (eventually) custom upholstery. Been swamped with 2 hour drives (each way) out to my Dads place to clean it out and prep for selling it. We're finally there, and next week I'll have the last trip to empty the place out and "get 'er sold". Sometimes life just deals you events where you have to focus elsewhere for a time, in order to get thru what needs to be done.

in the mean time, the car is paid for, sitting here my a secure garage, running, and I can hop in it and go for a cruise if need be for regaining my sanity.

Looking back on all the years I've been at this old car hobby, the best advice I've gotten from other guys is "get it running, keep it running, drive it". It ain't fun when they're dismantled and parked forever....

Carry on guys!
    Last edited by WagonCrazy; 06-17-2022 at 05:30 AM.
    1957 Nomad- LS1/T56 on C4 chassis
    1959 Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton, shortbed, big window, 327ci.

Registered Member

Member #:625
    I just got finished swapping out a perfectly good 69 model 300hp 4 bolt 350 with 68 2.02/1.60 camel humps and an L-79 cam for a 63 model 327 with Trick Flow aluminum DHC175 heads and a updated version of the 350hp cam. I also swapped the intake for a new Eldebrock 3x2 to replace the very old Offy 3x2. I retained the 57 Olds J2 carbs.

Registered Member

Member #:4460
    Just got my car from the paint. Put new rims on and installed raingear system. Trunk subwoofers also in place and air tank and compressor. Nesteiden is the exterior trim

Member #:3217
    TIMO??? New paint? and No photos or video? we need pictures!

Registered Member

Member #:4460
    Gonna post new video shortly

Member #:4767
    Can someone please tell me about the pictures for this site, everytime I attach/upload pictures they are to large any help greatly appreciated.
    24 Year Army Vet ... Very Proud of It...

Thank You!
    William

Member #:1723
    Hi William,
    Not sure this will help, but when I was first going to post a pic, it looked ginormous in the preview. When I finally went ahead and posted, the pic resized to a reasonable size. May not be your issue, but have you tried to complete a post with a pic? If not, you might want to give it a go.
    Regards, Doug

William,

If you are using your 'phone camera', the images re probably too large for posting or displaying over the internet. I'd suggest the following:
    1) Your camera probably has a parameter to control/set the resolution. The highest resolution is not necessary nor even desired. You should be generating a 'jpg' or 'jpeg' compressed file which will help, but you should also select your horizontal and vertical pixel size of your images to no more than 1000 x 800, and even 600 x 400 will look very nice on our monitors.

2) If your camera doesn't have any means of resolution control, then download and use a software tool to reduce the image size in pixels (or file size in Kbytes). The software tool I use is "Light Image Resizer' which gives you total control of your image size in pixels, and/or your image file size in Kbytes. It's a free download and works great.

Generally an image FILE size of 150-300 Kbytes works well if the image is jpeg compressed.

PS. There are a couple of means to insert a photo into your posting, but the simplest and the one I use most of the time is 'Insert Image'... towards the right side of the tools menu above your message window.

Member #:4411
    Between the heat and then the rain on the weekends I just have not gotten much done on my 57. I have a one car garage with two cars stacked up so no room to actually do much work on the car in the garage so need reasonably decent temps and no rain, lol. Although my son and I got a few small items done on his four door sedan 57. I did manage to pick up a pair of posi rears at a very reasonable price, and a pair of 456 gears. Not sure if anyone is planning on making the trip to Kentuck for the nationals this year but I will be there. I like the show, warts and all, and I really really like driving my car down the drag strip during the fun runs. My long time friend and partner in crime with all things cars has talked me into sticking in a center section with either 456 gears of 488 gears. Since I am trailering the car down (4:11 gears currently would make that 15 hour ride more like 30 hours, lol) so no issues doing the swap and changing it back is easy once I get home.

So, anyone else planning on making that trip?

Mike

Mike,

Glad to see you post here again; hopefully you have noticed that it's much more civil here now, although also too quiet most of the time!

I'm curious to hear more details of your decision to go to a higher numerical ratio differential for the 1/4 mi drag strip runs! What rpm and speed were you running thru the lights at BB last year - with your 4.11 gear - that prompted your decision? Going higher numerically on the gear ratio doesn't necessarily improve your 1/4 mi time.

I've always thought that generally you want the rear gearing to allow you to reach to (or near to) your redline (or which allows you the most time in your power band) in the highest gear (of your plan)...??
    Last edited by BamaNomad; 06-27-2022 at 07:36 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast