It seems forever since I made any progress on my 57 Nomad project and made a report here, but between being 'stuck' on several aspects of my project, and other vehicles suffering *issues* from just sitting and not being driven, And of course it gets more and more difficult getting off my duff and going to the garage, especially when there's so many problems that just deciding which one to work on is more than one wants to deal with!

Recently I've spent a lot of time replacing components in fuel systems with two of my older corvettes which don't get driven often enough. Starting out with a suspected bad fuel pump in my '69, necessitating removal of the AC compressor, and then deciding to do an update of all the rubber lines in the fuel system, and the engine compartment including radiator hoses, heater hoses, etc.. culminating in replacement of the fuel tank and associated parts back there. And then I began smelling gasoline in my shop (where my '72 corvette was parked (with it's hood being used as a 'table' for a few dozen small parts that I'd painted and were awaiting installation into the '57 Nomad. That one turned out to be the rubber fuel lines between the primary fuel line and the return line, to the pump. Also had to remove the AC compressor to even get to the fuel pump and fuel line connections. Got it all back together, pulled it outside to clean up the garage floor, and when it was ready to pull back into the cleaned spot, it wouldn't crank... even with adding fuel to the gas tank, charging the battery etc. I had to get my son in law to come over to help push it back into the garage (which is a slight grade uphill).

I've got new fuel injectors purchased a year ago for my older 1990 ZR1... but I've never had the plenum off of an LT5, so I've been putting that off.

2nd gear is still 'broken' in my '56 Nomad, and I can't get enough energy to go take the trans out and get it rebuilt (so I'll be driving my Colorado PU to Pigeon Forge next week)..

I can't get my head around the wiring update on my '57 Nomad, and I'm not happy with the brake line coming up to my distribution block at the MC, not happy with many other things that are 'supposedly' completed, but if I can't get the shortcomings out of my mind, then it isn't complete...

I'd rather just get online and read about other's issues, and hope that I might lend a hand to their solution.

But this website hasn't had an update in several days... Are all of you in the same/similar boat as I (covered up with probs?), or are you all out driving your classics?

Gary