Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: New owner of 55 fourdoor

Registered Member

Member #:4915

New owner of 55 fourdoor

Good evening everyone

Purchased a 55 sedan a month ago and live in Waxahachie Texas. The car has a 350 with T350 transmission in patina colors, looking to keep it that way. Currently working on rebuilding the front suspension already have gone through the cooling system since it over heated on the way home. I will post some pictures later.

Member #:3217
    Welcome JDFlight.. we're glad to have you here and look forward to your postings.. Tell us about yourself and your car, and photos are always enjoyed..

Gary

Member #:3249
    Post any questions you have. The folks here are glad to help. Are you converting to disc brakes?
    Bill

Registered Member

Member #:625
    The 350/350 is a great combo for these cars, I sometimes wish I would have left mine alone.

Member #:3217
    I agree with Mark here; the 350 engine and TH350 trans combo is a very good combination for our cars, and that opinion is justified by the fact that Chevrolet provided millions of car over many years with that exact combination. There are some improvements available to us if we choose to go even later (newer) in GM's combinations, such are wtih overdrive transmission, and lighter and more powerful engines built from Aluminum and with computer controls and fuel injection. Of course those later combos require more significant modifications in our fifties cars!

Member #:1723
    Howdy! Welcome to the trifivechevy site! Great to have you join us - looking forward to hearing more about your car & seeing pics. Sounds like a great driver that you are making mo' betta already.

Member #:4391
    Welcome to the site from a Tri Five lover up in Iowa.