Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: After 50+ Years, I Have Another 1956 2-Dr Sedan

Registered Member

Member #:4745

After 50+ Years, I Have Another 1956 2-Dr Sedan

Recently brought home this 1956 Del Ray Club Coupe. I need to do some repairs so that I can pass a safety inspection and get license plates. Its been updated with a 350 crate motor topped with an Edelbroch intake and carburetor. Also has front disc brakes, 605 power steering and air conditioning. It looks like it has a Painless wiring harness that I need to decipher. Just figured out the horn. Factory relay is missing but found one on the new wiring harness. The relay wasn't working so ordered a replacement yesterday. Previously some of the horn parts in the steering wheel were missing so I have a kit to get that fixed. This car has been repainted and has an interior update. I don't have much info since the prior owner didn't have much history. I would like to get it licensed and drive it for awhile. Would like to return it to its original colors and interior. Factory paint was india ivory and matador red with the ivory and black Del Ray interior. I had 3 '56 Chevy in the late 1960's. A four door sedan, a four door hard top (a rattle trap) and the last and favorite, a 210 two door sedan. Never even heard or knew of a Del Ray back then. Learning about them now.
    Attached Images Attached Images