Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: Newman Chassis, engine mounts?

Member #:4792

Lightbulb Newman Chassis, engine mounts?

Have a Paul Newman Chassis and2014 Camaro LS3 with 4L60E transmission. It’s supposed to be setup for this engine/trans. Engine mounts are closer together than frame location, engine to trans mount crossmembers shorter. Know there are many mount combinations looking to be helped in right direction as Newman is out of business now. Thank you in advance for advice.

Member #:3217
    Hello Lar, I was a long time admirer of the Paul Neumann chassis.. It should work really well for you! The LS engines use a slightly different engine mount that the 1st/2nd generation small blocks. I can get the PN for you with a little searching, but a visit to a local parts store requesting a Chevy LS engine mount should get you what you need.

Member #:4792

Lightbulb Engine mounts

Quote Originally Posted by BamaNomad View Post
    Hello Lar, I was a long time admirer of the Paul Neumann chassis.. It should work really well for you! The LS engines use a slightly different engine mount that the 1st/2nd generation small blocks. I can get the PN for you with a little searching, but a visit to a local parts store requesting a Chevy LS engine mount should get you what you need.
    I have LS rubber mounts with chassis. It is the engine side support mount that need changed to?

Member #:3217
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Lar View Post
    I have LS rubber mounts with chassis. It is the engine side support mount that need changed to?
    Ahhhh... Sorry about that. Now I remember having to bolt on a plate to the side of the block to adapt. Mine came from a place in Arkansas that no longer makes them I think, but I don't even have a photo of the ones I used. There are several sellers. Here's an ad for one seller.. a search of LS engine motor mount adapters for SBC should find more.

https://www.amazon.com/Adapter-Conve.../dp/B08C2C1KQ3