Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: 57 chevy 2 door post DOOR ALIGNMENT!

Member #:4867

57 chevy 2 door post DOOR ALIGNMENT!

Ok. Long story short. Not my car. Came to me as a roller. The biggest problem I have is the passenger door hitting the cowl. Now. It's a new door. New hinges and hardware. No doors were on it. No shims anywhere on the body. I've attached some pics of where it's hitting and possibly were I should start swimming. Yes. I know. No weight in the car. And it won't when it leaves. I just want it close. I read through the myriad of adjustments. But JUST MAYBE. Someone has this similar issue. To keep me from chasing my tail. Thank you.

Member #:4867
    Ok..so I don't know how to attach pics..lol

Member #:1723
    Quote Originally Posted by Drmanic View Post
    Ok..so I don't know how to attach pics..lol
    I assume you have the pics on your pc? If so, you can imbed a pic by clicking on the link symbol (it is the 5th icon from the right on the tool bar above where you are entering your comment or reply (looks like a globe with a silver chain link below it), which will generate a popup where you can select computer as the file source, path to the image file, select the file, and upload it. To view how your pic looks, select the Go Advanced icon below where you are typing, and you will see how your post will look, including the pic you uploaded. Good luck!