Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trifive Nationals

Member #:3217
    My wife and I made it up on Thursday afternoon, picked up our packet... and walked down to the 'giveaway car' since I really wanted to see it. The color wasn't as nice as the photos made it appear; it was actually almost a 'dull OD green', but I'd still take it if they call my number! (They didn't)... We stayed until the winning number was announced at 6 pm Saturday night, then made it for the truck and 'tried' to high tail it out of there.. but it took ~ an hour to make it out of beech bend, after which we headed for home and made it home by a bit after 10 pm last night. I couldn't stand the idea of another night in the Candlewood suites, on their bed and pillows. I think last night after crawling in bed, I was asleep in 3 seconds (my wife said 2 seconds)..

I have to say.. the turnout was great... had to be 3000+ cars (and maybe 2000 carts).. this year I was not going to complain about the carts since I had arranged to ride with a friend on his cart to save my walking in the heat and maybe having a heart attack or heat prostration~ Also, as it turned out, The WEATHER this year was fantastic... very pleasant each of the 3 days we were there.. best ever on the weather... low to mid 80's in the heat of the afternoon, with a breeze blowing most of the time (at least if you stayed in the shade)..

I didn't win the car... but I'll be registering to go back (and pay my annual fee for the magazine and entry fee at the same time, since they have a $100 special for both the TFN and the magazine for a year!)...

Registered Member

Member #:625
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragsix View Post
    I am not that far, about 875 one way, so 1700 or so round trip.
    I would assume you tow your car that far, what kind of tow rig do you have? My newest trucks just qualified for antique plates at 35 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by busterwivell View Post
    I'd love to be going, but it looks to be a 3500 mile round trip, and at 5.00 a gallon..............
    I bought gas at 3.42/gal, and saw roadside stations posting as low as 3.14/gal... so maybe it's going back a bit.. (I hope).. (for regular, not Prem)..

Gary

Member #:3249
    Gary, we're seeing prices go down around here, too. I filled up Thursday for 3.99. That's down from 4,99 a couple of weeks ago. Maybe we can get the prices down some more and I can make it to the Nationals next year.
    I'm driving over to Silver City New Mexico Friday for a show on Saturday with some friends. Glad to see gas prices dropping, it's make it a little easier on the budget. In six weeks some of us are heading to Del Mar (San Diego) Ca on our "Bonnie Wivell Memorial Cruise" to the Good Guys show. That will really tell the story about gas prices.
    Went with a friend to the Pomona Swap Meet a little over a week ago. He towed my trailer with his 2022 GMC with a 3.0 turbo diesel. That thing was impressive. Diesel in California was 6.39.
    On that note, and not to start a political discussion/argument, I'm not in favor of tapping the Strategic Petroleum Reserves to lower gas prices. That oil should be left for it's intended purpose.
    Bill

I agree with you Bill... but when our long term Petroleum reserves plans runs up against 'politics' , it probably loses! When have politicians let long term plans beat out 'short term' political considerations?

Member #:3249
    Exactly!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12