Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trifive Nationals

Member #:4411

Trifive Nationals

Just curious. Wanted to ask if anyone was planing on attending this years nationals?

Member #:3217
    Mike: It's been my plan to attend, but due to my recent 'health issues', I'm wavering... wondering if I can take the heat! I need to decide before this coming Thursday in order to cancel my hotel reservation... I'd go ahead and cancel now, but I REALLY love their giveaway car this year and I'd like to be there to see if they can pull my NUMBER! This is the first of their giveaway cars I'd want in my collection! (It's just like the '55 sedans that we all wanted back in the sixties, although I've never been a fan of the W-motor - that's easy to change!

Registered Member

Member #:625
    After attending the KKOA show and flag drags in Salina over the weekend I would love to go. However, I am not near as adventuresome on road trips four or five hours is about my limit.

Just courous. I have made them all, for a lot of reasons, but one is that I have had the privilege of meeting some terrific people that I would never have had the opportunity to meet if it had not been for that show. If anyone here was attending, or is attending, I would have liked to see if our paths could cross.

My favorites have been the first 55 giveaway car, the lime green 56, the All American 57 and this year's 55 with the Impala interior. I specifically remember when installing the impala stuff in a trifive was the cool thing. By the time I was driving, 77, all the impala stuff in the junk yards had been snatched up. So seeing this stuff again in a 55 is pretty cool.

My youngest son, my right hand man in all things trifive, are again making the trip. He was 19 at the first show in 2015, now 26. I can hardly believe it. He helped me swap a 4:56 center section in to my car over the wekend. Not many 26 year olds know how to R and R a 55-64 rear end. He also knows how to rebuild a posi unit. Not terrible, not terrible at all.
    Last edited by Dragsix; 08-01-2022 at 08:06 AM.

I'm trying to figure out how I can stay out of the heat, or minimize it's impact on me, and still be there late Saturday hoping they'll call out my number....

Last year was hot, really hot. Sitting in the staging lanes to make fun runs, I had a thermometer in the car, 113 inside. Too hot, way too hot. Hopefully this year the tempreature is more moderate but I am taking no chances. The dermotologist read me the riot act a week ago so I am slathering on the sun screen and he inisted I wear a hat with a brim. First time in my life but I will have a hat to keep the sun off my face and more importantly my ears. Patrick and I are also bringing a 10X10 tent and we obtained one of those Yeti coolers to keep ice and water in. Couple of chairs. Lots of hydration and we will definately be taking our time walking around, avoiding open sun if possible, and chose our walking path to maximize the shade. If you do go, and find yourself over heated, we will likely be in the back field thursday and friday so feel free to get under the tent, sit and rest, even if we are not there. Saturday I will probably be with a friend of mine in the pits further down the road by the dragstrip on the right on the grass.

I dont know how long they will keep running this show. Maybe for a few more years, maybe longer, maybe shorter, who knows. I like the show, its really the only one I get to each year so I dont want to miss one on the chance its the last one, lol. You never know.
    Last edited by Dragsix; 08-01-2022 at 03:24 PM.

Registered Member

Member #:625
    Have fun guys, have a beer for those of us who cannot attend.

Mark: Salina to BG is about 8-10 driving hrs.. depending on your speed..

Member #:3249
    I'd love to be going, but it looks to be a 3500 mile round trip, and at 5.00 a gallon..............

I am not that far, about 875 one way, so 1700 or so round trip.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast