My wife and I made it up on Thursday afternoon, picked up our packet... and walked down to the 'giveaway car' since I really wanted to see it. The color wasn't as nice as the photos made it appear; it was actually almost a 'dull OD green', but I'd still take it if they call my number! (They didn't)... We stayed until the winning number was announced at 6 pm Saturday night, then made it for the truck and 'tried' to high tail it out of there.. but it took ~ an hour to make it out of beech bend, after which we headed for home and made it home by a bit after 10 pm last night. I couldn't stand the idea of another night in the Candlewood suites, on their bed and pillows. I think last night after crawling in bed, I was asleep in 3 seconds (my wife said 2 seconds)..

I have to say.. the turnout was great... had to be 3000+ cars (and maybe 2000 carts).. this year I was not going to complain about the carts since I had arranged to ride with a friend on his cart to save my walking in the heat and maybe having a heart attack or heat prostration~ Also, as it turned out, The WEATHER this year was fantastic... very pleasant each of the 3 days we were there.. best ever on the weather... low to mid 80's in the heat of the afternoon, with a breeze blowing most of the time (at least if you stayed in the shade)..

I didn't win the car... but I'll be registering to go back (and pay my annual fee for the magazine and entry fee at the same time, since they have a $100 special for both the TFN and the magazine for a year!)...