Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: '56 Chevy Sales literature

Member #:4391

'56 Chevy Sales literature

I bought a book from this site which is a reprint of a Chevy Sales book. It describes in detail all the info on the '56 models and I think that you will be impressed by its contents. The site has similar info on the '55 & '57 models, as well. The book is shipped from Germany. https://www.1950s-chevy.com

Member #:3217
    I've considered purchase of one or all of those, but I'd REALLY prefer a nice ORIGINAL. These even in poor condition generally sell for $$hundreds! The Original showroom manuals were for buyers to pick out the model, colors, materials, options etc they wanted in their new car (for order). The original manuals actually had 'paint chips' for the colors, and 'material samples' for the interiors, whereas these socalled 'reprints' are just photographs of the pages.. no actual physical samples of the paint or material.

Member #:4391
    Yup, you're correct about these reprints.

Registered Member

Member #:4419
    BamaNomad, I bought an original '57 sales brochure off the dreaded eBay several years ago and was quite pleased with it. Very nice condition, 24 full color pages and it is an actual GM print with the GM 1956 copywrite present. Shows the 210 trim offering without the upper section of the normal 1/4 panel V'd section which did not go to into the production model. Also purchased a salesman copy of the "new for 1957 Posi-traction pamphlet. Don't recall the actual price of either but thought it was very reasonable at the time. Be aware, they ARE many new reprints offered so read carefully to the description given.

Member #:3217
    Dual: Those original showroom manuals are GREAT to have, but most I've seen over the years have some damage.. from sun, water, etc.. but the original interior 'material' samples and Paint chip samples are the BEST... I was amazed when I first saw one - a '56 version - back in the mid 70's... they were worth hundreds back then even!