Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: C notch

Registered Member

Member #:4950

C notch

1956 Chevy Truck 3100

Just getting started with my first build. The truck has a front clip and rear end from a 1970 Nova. I'd like to drop the truck 2-3 inches and then be able to install larger rims and tires.(18-19) I can get 2" drop spindles for the front and 2-3" drop leaf springs for the back. I'll also be installing disk brakes all the way around.

Like the look of staggered rims set up that will give the truck a rake as well. Rims 18" front -19" back.

Can someone tell me if I need to notch the frame with this set up?
    Any suggestions for the suspension project is appreciated! Manufactures etc...

Thank you
    RR
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #:3292
    "Like the look of staggered rims set up that will give the truck a rake as well. Rims 18" front -19" back".
    Wheel diameter difference won't affect the rake. Tire diameter choices will.
    The 2-3" drop springs should work. The bump stops may have to go away or be modified.
    Shocks will have to change. Pinion angle will have to be checked.
    Before you do that, I'd suggest measuring the space available and then choosing the wheel & tire design you want to run, using the space available. Wheel back spacing/offset, and tire availability are sometimes a difficult match.
    This would necessitate putting the bed and fenders on.
    Measure twice, buy once!
    Injector inspector
    Walmart hottie stalker.
    USAF 60-64.
    The guys that brought you the Cuban missile crisis in living color!

Registered Member

Member #:4950
    OB,

Thanks for the advise, especially for the pinion angle, that was not on my radar!

RR