Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: 55 Bel Air "factory power brakes" to disc conversion

Registered Member

Member #:4392

55 Bel Air "factory power brakes" to disc conversion

Hi all,

I am in the process of getting the engine bay ready for clean up and was looking at where the master cylinder was mounted (that is not an easy removal). I grabbed my new master from CPP and it doesn't line up with the mounting holes of the old one. Do I need to remove that whole bracket/plate?
    Thanks in advance!

Brake mount.jpg

Registered Member

Member #:625
    The stock holes for a 55-57 master [lower two] are the same bolt pattern as later model dual masters.

Registered Member

Thanks Mark. I was reading some stuff earlier about having to change the pedal out as well. If anyone knows of a kit (I can't fabricate anything) that would work, the info is appreciated.

Registered Member

All, I appreciate the fact that this site exists and am thankful that all of you are so willing to share your knowledge. I am also thankful that you fellers are willing to let a body figure things out and I am serious when I say it. I feel like an idiot, I was tired, frustrated, and a little panicked when I posted yesterday evening. I should have just walked away from ole "Hemorrhage" (what I call my car hehe) when I became flustered. My professional life doesn't allow me to walk away for a minute (oilfield) and collect myself before attacking a challenge. Anywho, I removed the plate and everything made sense immediately. I will make sure in the future to make darn sure that I take a minute before reaching out on here - I know I will be reaching out. Again, thank you all for all of your assistance with everything so far.

Boyd