Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: 1957 Nomad fuel line too long on the tank end

Registered Member

Member #:3799

1957 Nomad fuel line too long on the tank end

My friend is installing the fuel line on my 57 Nomad , and he said it is too long on the gas tank end . I just looked at a Danchuck catalog and for a power- pac 6 passenger wagon it lists part no. 1595 . Is it possible that my friend may have the wrong fuel line ? Danchuck lists part no. 1478 for a 57 power- pac passenger car , would this passenger car fuel line be longer than the 6 passenger wagon one ? If so we may have the wrong fuel line . Thanks ahead for any help .
    Last edited by nomad; 09-07-2022 at 04:30 AM.

Member #:3217
    Don't you have the original fuel line for comparison? Your Nomad was a very nice car before you began the restoration...

It should be pretty easy to cut and reflare the line if it's too long, assuming you know the correct routing of the line.

Note: 4-bbl (power pack with dual exhaust) cars run the larger line outside the frame rail to keep it away from the exhaust pipes... Do you have the factory assembly manual which shows the correct fuel line routing?
    Last edited by BamaNomad; 09-07-2022 at 06:55 AM.

Registered Member

Member #:3799
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaNomad View Post
    Don't you have the original fuel line for comparison? Your Nomad was a very nice car before you began the restoration...

It should be pretty easy to cut and reflare the line if it's too long, assuming you know the correct routing of the line.

Note: 4-bbl (power pack with dual exhaust) cars run the larger line outside the frame rail to keep it away from the exhaust pipes... Do you have the factory assembly manual which shows the correct fuel line routing?
    Bama , we have the original version of the how to restore your 57 Chevrolet by Harold Louisiana . We also have the 57 assembly manual . You made a good point about checking out the old fuel line ,but we are going from a 2 barrel set up: lines routed on the inside of the frame rail , to factory correct 4 barrel Power-Pac upgrade with the lines running on the outside of the frame rail , so the old fuel line from the 2 barrel setup will not be good for a comparison . My friend will order parts and sometimes I will , so I have to have him check the invoice number for the fuel line . We are dealing a lot with Ol' 55 and they just had one great guy retire . We are losing the know age every day now . Joe the long time national Chevrolet judge has been a tremendous help . He has a beautiful 57 Silver Nomad , and just about every model that they made in 57 also . We met him at the Hershey fall meet last year , and hope to see him their again in October . Thanks Bama