Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: Trying to Remember Rochester 4 Barrell Rebuild for '55 Chevy back in 1969

Registered Member

Member #:2628

Trying to Remember Rochester 4 Barrell Rebuild for '55 Chevy back in 1969

Bought '57 2dr post on a whim with my wife from Mechum back in 2005. Drove it a little for a couple of years. Started having vapor lock then carb problems and it has been sitting since 2007. Time to get it going. Rebuilt 4 barrell back in 1969 for '55 2dr hardtop I had. Step father was a mechanic but he always made me do things my self the first time, then he checked it out. It cranked ran good except it died when I turned a corner----he showed me how to adjust the floats and no more issues! I learned quite a bit via his method. Well I am not sure I am up to another rebuild but after checking around I think I might attempt it. I am joining to get some help jogging my memory. Wdtex52

Member #:3217
    Welcome Wdtex52... and good luck with your carb rebuilding. If you wanted to farm it out,
    There's a great rebuilder in the St Louis area (Bob Kunz) who can rebuild it perfectly, Or restore it also (full coloring) for between 2-300$.. .

Gary

Member #:3217
    IF you really want to rebuild it yourself, then I suggest the following:
    1) Find/use one or more rebuild articles or manuals for Rebuilding your Carter WCFB. I have several such articles, including a 'Carter' produced booklet with the procedure of rebuilding and adjustment.
    2) Find/buy the BEST rebuild kit you can find... some of the newer kits are from China and are no good...