I went to the Good Guys Del Mar, Ca car show with my son-in-law, and my friend Al in his 55 Handyman/sedan delivery. We left Tucson Thursday morning, and got there about 2 in the afternoon. My friend Philip was going to go with us, but woke up sick Thursday and stayed home. I texted him Friday morning and he said he was feeling good.
So, Friday morning we get in to the show, and walk the small swap meet. I glanced at a 57 Handyman on a trailer, it looked rough, and didn't give it another thought.
That afternoon, a guy comes by our cars and starts a conversation about tri-fives. Then, he asks if we would give him some advice about selling one. Turns out it's the one on the trailer. It's a long story, but When I asked him what he thought about pricing it at, I couldn't believe it was that cheap. I made an offer of even less (and I usually don't low ball like that) and he accepted my offer.
I called Philip, sent him some pics of it, and he hooked his trailer to his pickup and drove over to Del Mar Saturday. We loaded it on his trailer, along with extra parts, and he towed it back yesterday. BTW, we're partnering on this car (we've done this before), and I didn't have all the cash with me, so he brought that with him.
Now the fun begins. The car has been parked in a storage garage for over 10 years, still has California black plates on it. It's a 6 cyl, 3 speed car. We'll see what we do with this thing.