Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: 55 Chevy Belair 2 door hardtop.

Registered Member

Member #:5000

55 Chevy Belair 2 door hardtop.

I have a 55 BelAir 2 door hardtop (my grandson inherited this car). Needs all new interior including seats. Exterior has surface rust but not rusted through anywhere. Has V8 engine - I think it is a 327 cu. in. and has an auto transmission. Floor pans are not rusted through. Dash is original with a clock and radio. Car has true wire wheels but tires are rotted and flat. All chrome is good but bumpers need re-chrome as do the wire wheels. Car has set-up outside for over 20 years. Exterior will take work to apply a good paint job.
    Can anyone give me an idea what this car is worth as described above. I know it will only be a guess without seeing the car or at least photos, but it belongs to my grandson and we cannot afford to restore as he will be starting college soon.
    Last edited by Roland; 10-29-2022 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Grammar error.

Member #:3217
    Hi Roland, sounds like your grandson has inherited a very restorable car, but as you say restorable is very costly and time consuming. If your grandson desires to keep the car and 'restore it some day', then concentrate on PRESERVATION right now, to prevent the surface rust from eating it's way thru the metal. There's a number of ways to do that, but it's most important to get it inside a garage or building to protect it from further rain/elements...

Registered Member

Member #:625
    The part of the country you live in has a lot to do with value.

Member #:4415
    Having sat outside for 20 years I would be interested in seeing what the underside looks like. Specifically, if it has been sunk in the ground sitting on the frame rails.

Registered Member

Member #:5000
    Alabama

Member #:3217
    Hi Roland, and welcoming you again as a fellow Alabamian..

What part of Alabama are you in?

Gary