Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: An "Old Timer" Newbie from Massachusetts

Member #:5060

An "Old Timer" Newbie from Massachusetts

Morning - A car guy through and through started dragracing in 1964 with a 39 Chevy Coupe and Ran H/Gas still racing 2day with my son in Stock Eliminator along with building a Tribute Jr Stocker 57 Sedan Delivery in my late Dad's honor who got me started in Racing the 57 will be a cruiser and possibly at some time double as a Stock Eliminator and Nostalgia car - I have had a fun carrier in Drag Racing as we won an NHRA Divisional in Englishtown with our 27 Roadster in Super Street TY for allowing me to join and I have some misc stuff I have removed from the Delivery to look like a real Jr Stocker

Member #:3217
    Welcome to Trifive Chevys, BobA...

Member #:530
    Welcome Bob A. Let's hear your stories and 57 sedan delivery specs and your racing adventures!
    1957 Nomad- LS1/T56 on C4 chassis
    1959 Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton, shortbed, big window, 327ci.

Wagon Crazy:
    I don't think the sight would want me to run off with verbal diarrhea about our/my activities however the quick explanation would be in 1964 my Dad allowed me the opportunity to start my addiction with Drag Racing and car's in general I ran our 39 Coupe in H/gas for a couple of seasons then approaching the time for a street car as I could not have both and I figured I could double up a street car with an occasional trip to the local tracks I traded my Coupe for a 57 Belair 2 Dr Sedan 4 Speed 327 and that was the beginning of Street Car/Street Racing/ Drag Racing we were in the middle of the muscle car error and we street raced against Bob Tasca's first of it's kind Cobra Jet - with Bill Lawton at the wheel (on the street) I meet Ronnie Manchester of Pro Stock fame on the street we were just a bunch of lucky guy's to be born at the right time and all having the same addiction Car's so many great memories with so many "Great People" and I passed on the gen to my son and we still race together today with a lot of different car's in the middle - Bob

Member #:3
    Welcome to the Site Bob A

lets hear about your racing .

Thanks Sid

1955 2 DR Post
    1937 Chevy Coupe
    2023 Ford Super Duty F350 TREMOR
    2019 Corvette Z06
    1955 Chevy Nomad
    1935 Ford 2dr Slant back I have 4

"Old Timer" Newbie from Massachusetts response

Sid:
    Having raced my coupe for a couple of seasons "64 - 65" I then directed myself toward a street car and no way could afford two rides so I traded the coupe for a 57 Belair 2dr Sed 327 4 speed installed a pair of WCFB's and passed it off as a 245hp 283 on the street - ran mostly Chevrolet until my return from the service and purchased my first MOPAR (AAR Cuda) from Hawaii over the phone drove it a couple thousand miles then turned it int an IHRA Stocker in EFO and won Class at the Grand American in 71 due to the luck I had with the AAR the CP Dealer gave me a Duster to Race in the following season - having raced a few different street car's on occasion I had a temporary hiatus to raise my two kids then came the son's interest some years later and in came our 1927 Ford Roadster (Built at Suncoast Performance) we raced it in SST and had a considerable amount of good luck along with a win at Englishtown at an NHRA Divisional we then were Runner Up at an IHRA National event with the Roadster in Hot Rod now both my Son and I have NHRA Stock Eliminator rides as the Roadster required me in the garage every night to keep it maintained and safe that is basically my$.02 - Bob