Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Seat belt issues

Member #:1707
    Managed to reduce the size, get it into my albums and went from there.
    There must be an easier way to post pics on here.

Member #:3217
    I've tried several ways of posting photos here, but all seem a bit cumbersome to me...

Member #:115
    Quote Originally Posted by 55 Rescue Dog View Post
    Should just put those seats in it, and then the belts would work great. I considered that design at one point, and you could just modify the shoulder belt pivot a little lower for looks. It would be too simple of an idea for you though.
    You're such a simple-minded clown. I don't want truck seats in my car and I already have the seats I want to use. Your solution is just to slap something in no matter how stupid it looks. Why don't you just put me on ignore and stop your inane comments in my threads. You are of no help to anyone.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Des, it looks like your belt isn't retracting all the way either so I wonder if it's too long. At least you have the sliding latch that doesn't restrict it. I wonder if you have the so-called "dual sensitive" belts. I've only seen them one place and that's Seatbeltsplus, and they're only available in all black. How do you plan to finish the headliner in that seat belt area? I have an idea that I discussed with my interior guy and he thinks it will work.

Other vehicles:

1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S

Member #:3217
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaNomad View Post
    I've tried several ways of posting photos here, but all seem a bit cumbersome to me...
    A great change here would be a simple method of 'copy and paste'.. copy an image and be able to 'paste' it into a posting...

Quote Originally Posted by BamaNomad View Post
    A great change here would be a simple method of 'copy and paste'.. copy an image and be able to 'paste' it into a posting...
    You can copy and paste pics from any website and I have done it many times (I did it on the seats above). You can't do that if the pic is only on your computer or phone. I have no problem uploading pics from my computer, as long as the image is under about 1.5MB.

Other vehicles:

1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S

CN
    That pic was a while back. We'e trimmed the garnish mold a bit to allow for belt clearance, and the trimmer will finish the fit, so will leave to him.
    Here's a pic of how we trimmed the garnish mold in the 56 - seat belts mounted the same way.
    Cheers, Des
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Aussienomad View Post
    CN
    That pic was a while back. We'e trimmed the garnish mold a bit to allow for belt clearance, and the trimmer will finish the fit, so will leave to him.
    Here's a pic of how we trimmed the garnish mold in the 56 - seat belts mounted the same way.
    Cheers, Des
    Looks good Des. I'm planning on trying to cover the seatbelt below the shoulder loop. I'm not sure how that affects the interior beltline molding. Maybe it won't work.

Other vehicles:

1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S

Positive you'll have to trim the beltline molding a bit to allow the belt to exit from the quarter panel. Either a piece trimmed out like I've done, or maybe a small section of the molding flared - something like a louver - may lead into the cover you mentioned.

Registered Member

Member #:571
    I measured my car again, and with the latch where it needs to be to meet the buckle with the seatbelt around me, when it retracts and the latch hits the upper anchor loop, there's 12" or so of slack webbing laying on the floor. This is unacceptable to me and I don't understand how people get around this without a sliding latch. You would think that over 20+ years of selling seatbelts they'd figure this out.
    Curious if I'll have the same problem with the Julianos belts on my sedan, looks like I would.

Every late model I've had or ridden in, at least that I recall, has the sliding latch. It's second nature to deal with it when entering or exiting the vehicle. Those belts also have a stop on them for the latch that puts it in a convenient spot to grab it when putting the belt on. On a GM car/truck the stop is a plastic button that goes through the webbing.
    Last edited by Rick_L; 03-20-2023 at 07:52 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast