As I mentioned in my build thread, my clutch pedal force is higher than I expected it to be. I may be spoiled by the ease of effort to depress the clutch in my Porsche, but i believe it has a dual disc clutch and pedal effort is really nice. I have read posts here from a couple of members complaining about pedal effort in their tri5 cars.

I also went out and depressed the clutch pedal in my 56 parts car and it's a lot lighter than my Nomad. However, it has a 6-cylinder engine and the clutch is smaller at 9.5", and it's a stock setup. I can't find anything in the 56 Chevy specs about clutch effort/ force needed at the clutch fingers. BTW, Chevy did offer a heavy duty 11" clutch in both 6-cylinder and V8 cars.

I'm using a Centerforce Dual Friction clutch setup, disc and pressure plate. It's an 11" diaphragm type clutch and they claim "light pedal effort". I'm now thinking that maybe I should have investigated dual disc clutches more at the time I got my setup.

I designed my pedal and hydraulic clutch system to give about .6-.65" of throwout bearing movement including about 1/16" of gap between the TO bearing and clutch fingers. This is per Novak Conversions, where I got the info. They state that it takes about 0.550" of TO bearing travel to disengage the clutch. Then they add the .063" to get 0.613" total travel needed. They did tell me that their testing was with a new, not broken in clutch disc so it's likely conservative.

McLeod says "Typically with OEM applications the throw-out bearing travel is.440”-.445”. I've read other sources with conflicting information.

Have any of you actually measured your clutch pedal force, or fork travel, or have info on what it should be?