Quote Originally Posted by 55 Rescue Dog View Post
I am using the Wilwood reverse mount clutch/brake pedals with the reservoirs and compact Howe master cylinders under the dash which suck for adding fluid. I went to a bigger master to reduce pedal travel. With the 3/4 cylinder and the pushrod adjusted to engage the clutch just slightly off the floor my clutch pedal was a lot higher than the brake pedal with a light effort and long travel. I could push it down by hand. Going to the larger master I was able to lower the pedal travel and the clutch/brake pedals are even and it still has light effort, but I didn't use a heavy-duty clutch either. The throwout bearing travel is controled by pedal travel adjustments.
I misinterpreted your "reduce travel" comment because the TO bearing travels FAR more than you need it to travel per the experts. I assumed you were reducing TO bearing travel, not pedal travel.

Looking at Wilwood's site the maximum pedal ratio they list for their reverse mount pedal assemblies is 6.25:1. I thought I saw pics of your Camaro with the master cylinders on the firewall. They do offer 7:1 ratio in that configuration, but not with the reverse mount.

So your overall ratio is actually only 4.59:1 with the 7/8" master cylinder and the 6.25:1 pedal ratio. That should make your pedal force with an assumed 400 pound clutch 87 pounds, which is way more than mine. And you max out the TO bearing's .688" stroke at only 3.1" of pedal stroke. Even with the 1:1 master/slave ratio your clutch force with that 400 pound clutch and 6.25:1 pedal would be 64 pounds. At 7:1 it would be 57 pounds which is still higher than mine is.

Either you have a really weak clutch or a very strong left leg if you think 87 pounds is light. And pushing 64 pounds by hand isn't easy. That's nearly twice the pedal force as I theoretically have with the same clutch. Do you have any way to measure it? I really don't know what the clutch pressure plate force is but I've read 400 pounds is in the right range.

My overal ratio is increased by 2X due to the 2:1 clutch fork even though my pedal ratio is only 3.92:1. So I have a 7.84:1 effective pedal ratio with equal sized master and slave.

Here's an interesting read on the subject of pedal force....

https://www.gt40s.com/threads/clutch...-i-want.32131/