Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: CNA Convention - Huntsville, AL - 16-21 July, 2023

Member #:3217

CNA Convention - Huntsville, AL - 16-21 July, 2023

Many Nomaders from around the country are leaving today, headed to Huntsville... some farther away may even have left yesterday! One of the great things about the annual Nomad Convention is that members DRIVE their Nomads from wherever they are to wherever the Convention is being held. One or more of our members have DRIVEN their nomad to EVERY convention since 1970!
    Most of the officers of the organization were planning on leaving today for arrival in Huntsville at the Marriott on Saturday afternoon. I received 10 large boxes via UPS yesterday containing the Convention and Club T shirts to be delivered/sold at the Convention. When the officers arrive tomorrow, I will load up my truck (it won't all fit in the Nomad) and carry all the 'stuff' that we've collected and which have been shipped to me and deliver it all to the hotel, and help to set up the Registration facilities...

I HOPE to meet many of you at the convention! My green/ivory '56 Nomad will be there from Sunday on thru the week, and I'll be wearing a name badge, so introduce yourselves and say 'Hi'..

Besides the Monday Swap meet, there will be a Welcome Party on Monday night with Microwave Dave and Tuesday's 'show and shine', and in the afternoon we'll have an opportunity to visit/tour the local Polaris plant, where the ranger and the 'Slingshot' vehicles are manufactured.

On Nomad Day (Wednesday) we'll all go next door to the Alabama Space and Rocket Center and view all the artifacts of our 60+ years of space travel, including the original capsules, the Saturn V rocket and it's huge boosters, and many of the developments leaving up to our space journey. There's also an SR-71 on site, and there are 'Simulators' (the kids call them 'rides') for the 1) G-Force Accelerator. 2) Moon Shot (aka Space Shot) 3) HyperShip., and 4) Apollo 11 Virtual Reality simulator among others. The convention hotel (the Marriott space and rocket center) is located adjacent to the space and rocket center.

Member #:530
    That looks like a fun week in Alabama.
    One of these years, when this convention gets anywhere near the west coast, Ill make the trek.
    1957 Nomad- LS1/T56 on C4 chassis
    1959 Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton, shortbed, big window, 327ci.

Member #:3217
    We'll be in the WEST region next year, in Boise Idaho... plan to make it..

Gary

Member #:115
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaNomad View Post
    We'll be in the WEST region next year, in Boise Idaho... plan to make it..

Gary
    That's more like it. By then I hope to have my Nomad in Montana, hopefully finished......It's about 4 hours closer!! LOL!
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Member #:530
    Boise next summer is a good goal to work towards making happen.
    1957 Nomad- LS1/T56 on C4 chassis
    1959 Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton, shortbed, big window, 327ci.