Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: 1957 Chevrolet 2 " cast iron ram horn manifolds

Registered Member

Member #:3799

1957 Chevrolet 2 " cast iron ram horn manifolds

Can anyone tell me where I can purchase 2'' ram horn cast iron re-production exhaust manifolds ? I believe I saw them advertised with or with out the original GM part numbers but now I can't seem to find the supplier . It appears that the original 2" GM 1957 exhaust manifold stayed the same thru 1964 except for the part number . I need a RH or passenger side w/ the automatic choke tube .

Member #:4391
    Classic Industries sells them LH - TF700276 $309.99 RH - TF700277 $380.99 They have the correct casting numbers.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Histoy56 View Post
    Classic Industries sells them LH - TF700276 $309.99 RH - TF700277 $380.99 They have the correct casting numbers.
    Thank you so much , I knew that I seen the correct 2" ram horn re-po's with the choke tube some where , but could not find them . Just spoke to Mike at Classic Industries and he said that he has to find out if the right hand side exhaust manifold has the chock tube , or at least provisions to install one . I'm ok with installing a s/s choke tube myself , but it has to have the holes/provisions in the manifold to accept the choke tube . Hope it dose , and will let everyone know .
    Last edited by nomad; 09-01-2023 at 11:35 AM.

Registered Member

I have a right hand with correct GM part number's coming in from Classic Industries with the choke tube . I also ordered a set of Mr. Gasket copper exhaust manifold gaskets , would you recommend getting some Permatex copper gasket spray to apply on the copper gaskets ?

Member #:4391
    I've never used any kind of sealer on exhaust manifold gaskets. Perhaps others have and will chime in with their experiences.

Registered Member

Member #:571
    Not only no sealer, but no gasket on a factory manifold. The factory never used them.

Registered Member

I have received the R/H ram exhaust manifold with correct GM part number from Classic Industries and it look fantastic . Make sure It comes with a S/S choke tube installed because this same part is cast and offered without a choke tube hole for dual quad , and fuelie's . I have heard that using a copper exhaust manifold gasket is a good choice ,so I have also purchased a set of Mr. Gasket copper gaskets . I can remember my friend used to use a Permatex copper spray , dose anyone think this would be a good idea to coat the copper exhaust manifold gaskets before installation ? I have heard that when these cars were built new that they did not use an exhaust manifold gasket at all , but every one seems to use them once these cars are used . Thanks to all for your help ,my restorer friend has some health issues and I'm trying to help the best I can .
    Last edited by nomad; 09-16-2023 at 05:48 AM.

Registered Member

Member #:571
    Leave the gaskets and Permatex at the auto supply.