Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: Monte Carlo Swivel Seats

Registered Member

Member #:564

Monte Carlo Swivel Seats

I can get a really good deal on the front seats like these to put in my 57 2 door sedan, they are from a 76 or so Monte Carlo, they swivel and are in very good condition, material is a little different than the picture and they are really comfortable.

What do you guys think of the style for the 57? Will the shape of the back look okay?
    Rick

Member #:226
    They are really comfy, and if you don't like the high rise seat backs, you can pull the covers and modify the seat frames. Should be a simple upholstery shop job to get the covers re-sewn to match then.

Member #:115
    I have never have been a fan of swiveling seats...and apparently not many others are either. What other car used them? None that I'm aware of, so they must not have been too popular. If you like them, go for it.

Personally I don't like high-back seats in these cars. A headrest is marginally ok to me, but I prefer a lower seat back.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by chevynut View Post
    I have never have been a fan of swiveling seats...and apparently not many others are either. What other car used them? None that I'm aware of, so they must not have been too popular. If you like them, go for it.

Personally I don't like high-back seats in these cars. A headrest is marginally ok to me, but I prefer a lower seat back.
    The high back is my only concern but they could be re-built if I don't like it, the swivel is nice and would be mostly for getting into the back seat.

At a recent car show I noticed most of the tri-fives are going with the bench or 60/40 split seats, are buckets going out of style?
    Rick

Member #:230
    I like your thought of using them to get in to the back seat, as TriFives sometimes can test one in getting back there if you know what i mean LOL, if i remember correctly your 57 is a sedan so the high make may not be that big of deal JMO
    55 Belair 2dr Sedan 350/350 loving every minute of it.
    56-210 2dr Sedan c4 front/rear suspension, and not sure when the ride will roll.
    Marty

http://www.picturetrail.com/56-210sedan

http://saccc567.com/

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by 56-210Sedan View Post
    I like your thought of using them to get in to the back seat, as TriFives sometimes can test one in getting back there if you know what i mean LOL, if i remember correctly your 57 is a sedan so the high make may not be that big of deal JMO
    Marty,
    I can get these for around 300.00 for the pair so it is worth it to try them and see what they look like, plus they are in really good condition, my stock bench seat has a big section where a seam is coming apart, this also may force me to change the carpet and get rid of the shag.
    Rick

Member #:230
    Rick, $300 to me seems a little pricey, again i have not seen them in person either. I paid $350 for Cadillac 12 way seats and that included the rear seat, so to me for the age of those seats i believe price wise you can do better JMO have you looked in to cost to reupholster your existing bench seat, just for comparison? any chance you can talk them down a bit? just trying to give you some ideas here. Bottom line if this is what YOU really want then i think you should move forward as it will be you that will be the CAPTAIN in those seats
    55 Belair 2dr Sedan 350/350 loving every minute of it.
    56-210 2dr Sedan c4 front/rear suspension, and not sure when the ride will roll.
    Marty

http://www.picturetrail.com/56-210sedan

http://saccc567.com/