I have a seat and its said to be by the general run of builders, that i have a 54 2 dr front seat, post i guess.This seat really looks like a 55, seat of same description. I was thinking about overall dimensions, and one vs the other in style and shape.If can find reasonable price 55 seat in "need". i'd go with that." Then i think.............if i had a stock set of tracks they would more, than likely bolt to the 54 seat in the place and meaurement. Now i like restored kars , but have been modifying 32 fords 50 mercs youall my life name it i have done it.The average guy would think it came out of a55. But i am warned that -NOTHING!-- about this 53-54 seat is the same, so i would need A kustom seat cover done on it.I am not above doing this, if i have too.seat width looks the same, back cushions don't have the top roll over like the 55 s but they look like 55 measurements from the naked eye..Anybody know anyone who has done this change before? before start looking for seat tracks and re-doing this 54 seat.?Any and all help or tips is great! have a good day. lets hear your thoughts bob s