Finally got the dongle Monday along with the CAN connector. What a piece of shit for $90. The connector is made for tiny wires and my harness has 20 and 22 gauge wires in it. The terminals are only about 3/8" long and standard crimpers don't work well on them. It was a total pain in the ass putting it on my harness. I added power and ground connections in case I ever want to connect any CANbus devices to the ECU. The cable has tiny 30 gauge or smaller wires in the connector that I think are likely to break with much use. I'm wishing I'd just bought one of the Amazon knock-offs for $29 that appear to use 20 or 22 gauge wire. Even Holley shows larger wires in their pics. Once you plug the connector in, it's a pain in the ass getting them apart. The release tab is tiny and difficult to move. My friend Gary has a Sniper that uses the 3.5" handheld to program it and he says he has a hard time getting the connector apart. Whoever at Holley chose this junk connector for this application when there are so many good connectors out there should be fired along with the guy who sourced that cable. The wires are nowhere near as big as what's in the Holley picture below.

Anyhow, I got it done and I'm ready to plug in the laptop and drop the base map to the ECU. If all the sensors check out, I'll install the upper intake and get ready to go through the startup process first checking cranking timing and setting up the TPS. Then I should be able to try starting it. I have to run my 90 year old mom to the doctor today so I probably won't get to try until tomorrow.