I recently joined the site, and thought I'd share some of my progress on our 56 chevy 2dr ht. We purchased the car back in 2013, and really got started on it in late 2014, so it's taken a while. I am now finishing up the electrical, have the windshield and rear glass to install yet, add fluids, and start it up. Then it will go to the upholsterer.

We bought the car in LA while on a trip there, and had it shipped to AL. The body has been dipped, then I completed the sheetmetal work. The body was pretty good, but did need inner/outer rockers, trunk lower lip, driver and passenger foot wells replaced.

The build is a restomod, with the body virtually stock on the outside. The chassis is an Art Morrison GT55 with coilers on all 4 corners and 2" dropped front spindles. The reared is a 9" posi with 3.73 gears. The wheels are around 2013 corvette chrome GM units, front 8.5x18 and 9.5x19 (as I recall). The motor is GM LS3/525hp, with GM accessories, except A/C compressor (Sanden from Vintage Air). The trans is a TREMEC magnum close ratio unit. The exterior color is base/clear coat black. The interior will be an older Ferrari cream/yellowish color. We added power windows/door locks, DVR receiver/amp, rain gear under dash wiper motor, vintage air A/C, Classic instruments gauge cluster. The front seats are 2006ish GTO, and the rear will be hand built by the upholsterer to complement the front.

Attached are a few pictures of progress along the way, and as it sets today.

56 chevy 4.jpeg56 chevy 1.jpeg56 Chevy 2.jpeg56 Chevy 3.jpeg