When we started this project years ago we planned to get all new interior. But after looking at the old interior, that was done in 1977, we decided it is good enough for this old driver quality refresh we are doing. So we did a thorough cleaning and put the interior back in the car.

20220108_152547[3924].jpg

Besides new carpet there was one other change I wanted to make. Here are the door panels that were done in 1977. They were not done as well as the rest of the interior and I didn't think they looked good when they were new.

1956t.JPG

Here are the ones my wife and I made. They fit the door better and closely resemble original door panels. The colors on the door panel line up with the colors on the rear side panels now,

20220108_152605[3923].jpg

So while we were at the upholstery supply shop we decided to buy enough vinyl to upholster the trunk. I also bought a yard of Daytona carpet and copper edging from automotiveinteriors.com. My step-daughter, who is a seamstress, sewed the edging on for us.

20220121_163843.jpg

We are now having second thoughts about not running a spare tire. So later we may have to make changes in the trunk.

But right now our main concern is to get the car drive able and get the bugs worked out.