Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: Allan's 57 2Dr HT

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Registered Member

Member #:3682

Allan's 57 2Dr HT

I'm starting this thread for a friend in CA, an old high school friend. I recently returned from there, attending our 55th high school reunion. Sue and I extended our stay an additional week, stayed with Allan, and I helped him with the 57 putting the motor/trans together and into the car.

Allan has had his 57 since high school (I'm envious, having sold my original 56 decades ago). The body is in excellent shape, I don't think it has ever had any rust. Allan disassembled the 57 and had it painted "years ago", I'm not sure exactly but at least 20 years. He's taken care of it all this time, and the paint is in great shape. He's decided to start working on it again, and put it together. I have a few pictures I took while there, posted below.

I've talked Allan into joining the site, and he will be updating this thread as he makes progress.

IMG_0289.jpeg

IMG_0290.jpeg

IMG_0297.jpeg

IMG_0291.jpeg

The motor is a 305 Allan bought from a chevy dealer some years ago. The trans is a muncie, 1" countershaft with the early tail section with the speedometer on the drivers side.

IMG_0293.jpeg

IMG_0296.jpeg

Last edited by TrifiveRichard; 11-06-2021 at 05:27 PM.