Thread: My Wife's '56

Registered Member

Member #:625
    I love the color.

Banned

Member #:2775
    Looks Great!

Member #:3217
    The car is looking great Tabasco! I'm curious about a couple of things ..
    1) Your dash trim appears to be covered in a wood grain? Can you provide some more details of what you did there?
    2) I'm also interested in the arrangement with the 'low cost' amfm radio wtih your SiriusXM radio... I love XM radio and listen to that 99% of the time I'm in the car, so I'd like to do similar. Can you provide more details on what 'radio kit' you used, and also where did you install the XM antenna??

GAry

Registered Member

Member #:4482
    Love it!!!! Steve

Member #:615
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaNomad View Post
    The car is looking great Tabasco! I'm curious about a couple of things ..
    1) Your dash trim appears to be covered in a wood grain? Can you provide some more details of what you did there?
    2) I'm also interested in the arrangement with the 'low cost' amfm radio wtih your SiriusXM radio... I love XM radio and listen to that 99% of the time I'm in the car, so I'd like to do similar. Can you provide more details on what 'radio kit' you used, and also where did you install the XM antenna??

GAry
    1. I was looking for something to put on the front of my mini console. Also I didn't need a clock so I wanted something to cover that hole and I wanted to cover the Impala center cap on the steering wheel. I found this 3m wrap on Amazon that looked like it would match the colors on the car. Then I decided to put it on the dash trim too. I'm still trying to figure out if I like it or want to do something else. That's easy enough to change later.

2. I have the SiriusXM Portable Speaker Dock In my shop. The Home antenna and power cord are attached. The radio just slides into the dock to connect to power and antenna.
    SXSD2__PRODUCT_01--500--SiriusXMPortableSpeakerDockSD2--1530609982.jpg

I also got the vehicle kit.
    SXEZR1V1__PRODUCT_05--1223--OnyxEZRwithVehicleKit-914888535.jpg
    It comes with things to mount the dock in air vents or stick on the dash. I mounted this dock on my console. There is a male/male jack cord to go from the dock to the auxiliary port on the fm radio. So I can remove my radio from the dock in the shop and put it in the dock in the car. It just snaps in and is ready to start listening.

The instructions for the car antenna are different for each type of vehicle. For a convertible it said to put it between the trunk lid and back window. Since I had a third brake light located there I ran the wires through a hole I already had. There was plenty of antenna wire to go all the way to the dash. The antenna is magnetic.

Louis

Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I love the color.
    Thanks. We like it too. At one time about 20 years ago we had 4 cars that color. Now we just have two.

Quote Originally Posted by 55 Rescue Dog View Post
    Looks Great!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 57fleetside View Post
    Love it!!!! Steve
    Thanks.

Registered Member

Member #:625
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    Thanks. We like it too. At one time about 20 years ago we had 4 cars that color. Now we just have two.
    I have two 56 2hts that color myself, one done the other needs built. The one that needs build is still in original paint.

Member #:3217
    Great colors for sure!

And Thanks Louis for the details on your Sirius/XM install.. I'll be looking into those kits!

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast